August 31, 2008

Blog Day 2008

Today is the day we celebrate other people’s work. There is an estimated 120 million blogs on the planet and that number is growing every day. You could work 90 hours a week simply reading blogs and never come close to the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg. It’s overwhelming.

We are in an era where content, sharing, and relationships are the medium.

The purpose of Blog Day 2008 is to pick five blogs you read on a regular basis and share them. Here are five (of many) I look forward to reading every day…

Six Pixels of Separation | Mitch Joel
Mitch is the president of Twist Image - a digital marketing firm with offices in Montreal and Toronto. He is a blogger, podcaster, author, creator, thinker and speaker. And best of all, he is a real good guy. Look for his book in 2009!

Jaffe Juice | Joseph Jaffe
Joseph always makes me think and I find myself nodding my head in agreement often when I read his posts. He expands my scope and delivers his material is a personable way. In his spare time, Joseph is a partner with a fascinating marketing company called Crayon

TED Blog | TED.com
Have you ever heard, read, or seen something that you must tell everyone about? Several years ago, a friend told me about TED and my reaction was exactly the reaction I get when I do the same. So if you have never heard of TED, visit the site and let me know what you think. It will change your life.

Scobleizer | Robert Scoble
Robert makes geeks the world over drool. This guy is on top of it way before most. If you are a gear head or someone who wishes they were (me), read Scobleizer.

How To Change The World | Guy Kawasaki
Another big brained dude with lots to say and plenty to make you think. Guy has written several books and when he is not working as managing director for Garage Technology Ventures, or writing his column for Entrepreneur Magazine, he does speaking tours. There is always deep rich commentary on his blog.

If you are reading this, have a blog and are not mentioned please send me your link I’d love to check out your work and thanks for reading mine!



And on a more serious note, imagine for a moment having to endure this, the mayor of your city tells you that you must evacuate your home today. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who may be affected by Hurricane Gustav.

km
 
© Kneale Mann knealemann@gmail.com people + priority = profit
knealemann.com linkedin.com/in/knealemann twitter.com/knealemann
leadership development business culture talent development human capital