April 23, 2008

I'm A Geek

Mitch Joel invited me to a dinner tonight which was affectionately entitled "Geek Dinner Ottawa". For years, I didn't think of myself as a geek.

However, I've become a proud geek in the last few years. I've always been a music geek (some say musicologist, others say music pig) but the more I dig down this enormous rabbit hole of new media, social networks and that wacky thing called the Internet...

I realize ..I am ...in fact ...a geek.

Tonight's 'event' - as Mitch explained it in an email exchange - was simply people getting together to have dinner. It was so refreshing to talk to people who had no interest in radio! Ah, the peace and tranquility of firewalls and social networks and gadgets. Oh yes, to meet some AWESOME new people and learn stuff - what a blast!

Of course I was completely out of uniform. On three separate occasions, I was asked if I had a blog. I froze in fear - I didn't have a blog. I have written articles for years, I have created content for years, but I didn't have a blog! What to do? What to say? What was my excuse?!?

So there ...I am a geek ...and I have a blog.

I'm not sure what's next, but I'll figure something out. Thanks Mitch!

km


 
© Kneale Mann knealemann@gmail.com people + priority = profit
knealemann.com linkedin.com/in/knealemann twitter.com/knealemann
leadership development business culture talent development human capital